The United States of America, commonly known as the United States, the U.S, or simply America, was a large country composed of 50 states, a federal district, and several self-governing territories. Its capital was Washington D.C.
In 2009, the United States is first seen when Dr. Adrian Helmsley arrives at the Lincoln Plaza Hotel in Washington DC to inform Chief of Staff Carl Anheuser and President Thomas Wilson about a massive solar flare that caused the Earth's core to increase its temperature rapidly, which caused the Earth's crust to becoming unstable.
Shortly after the 2010 G8 Summit, the construction of the Arks began so that humanity can survive the world's ending in 2012, with more than 400,000 Americans chosen to board the ships, along with others. Additional funding is sold for tickets by 1 billion euros per person.
During the 2012 Apocalypse, the western and southwestern parts of the United States were devastated by massive earthquakes, destroying various cities and regions around the country. A 10.9 magnitude earthquake struck California, destroying Los Angeles before the coast sank into the Pacific Ocean.
Soon afterwards, the Yellowstone Caldera erupted in Yellowstone National Park, destroying the entire park. The rest of the continental United States was destroyed by more earthquakes and the Yellowstone ash cloud rendered much of the US uninhabitable when it spread around the continent. At some point in the evening hours, Hawaii was also obliterated by the eruptions from its volcanoes, covering the state in a sea of lava and destroying Honolulu. The state of Wisconsin was later made as the new South Pole when the Earth had shifted its crust and changed its magnetic positions.
When the Worldwide Flooding occurred, the United States was then swept by megatsunamis on the Eastern and Western seaboards, submerging it underwater, killing any potential survivors in the remnants of the country.
- California - Destroyed by earthquake
- Nevada - Destroyed by earthquake/devoured by the Yellowstone ash cloud
- Wyoming - Destroyed by Yellowstone ash cloud
- Wisconsin - Destroyed
- New York - Destroyed by earthquake/swept by mega-tsunami
- Hawaii - Destroyed by volcanic eruptions
- Las Vegas - Damaged by earthquakes/devoured by Yellowstone ash cloud
- Los Angeles - Destroyed by earthquakes
- Pittsburgh - Devoured by Yellowstone ash cloud
- Pasadena - Destroyed by earthquake
- Honolulu - Destroyed by volcanic eruptions
- Washington, D.C. - Devoured by Yellowstone ash cloud/swept by mega-tsunami
- The country was one of the main settings of the movie.