The Timeline is the series of dates and events that take place in the 2012 (film).
- The Mayans, and the ancient gods, in Central America created the Mayan Calendar that predicts the end of the world that will occur on December 21st, 2012.
- The Mayan Calendar is still residing in the ancient Mayan city of Tikal, which predicts the end of time.
- 1951 - Carl Anheuser is born.
- 1958 - Professor Charles Hapgood discovers the theory of the 2012 Apocalypse and names it the Earth Crust Displacement. Albert Einstein supported it.
- Professor Frederick West is born.
- Thomas Wilson is born.
- 1960s - More theories are published about the 2012 disaster.
- 1967 - Yuri Karpov is born.
- 1979 - Jackson Curtis is born.
- 1980 - Kate Curtis and Adrian Helmsley are born.
- 1997 - Princess Diana dies in a Paris Tunnel.
- 1998 - 1999 - Jackson and Kate visit Yellowstone National Park and are later married.
- 2002 - Noah Curtis is born.
- Alec and Oleg Karpov are born.
- 2005 - Lilly Curtis is born.
- The 2009 Solar Flare occurs, with the planets in the Solar System aligning themselves, and the Earth's core gets heated up by the neutrinos.
- Two days later, Adrian Helmsley meets with astrophysicist Dr. Satnam Tsurtani and they discover that the Earth's crust is becoming unstable, due to the Earth's core getting heated up by the solar flare.
- Adrian travels to the Lincoln Plaza Hotel in Washington D.C. days later, to inform Chief of Staff Carl Anheuser and President Thomas Wilson about the event and the world's ending.
- The 2010 G8 Summit occurs in British Columbia, where President Thomas Wilson informs the world national leaders about the world ending in 2012 and they begin a top-secret project to ensure humanity survives.
- The Ark project begins its operation in Cho Ming Valley, Tibet and the nine Arks begin their construction with thousands of locals being recruited to help build them. Additional funding is sold for tickets for one billion euros per person.
- More than 400,000 people are chosen by the government to board the Arks, those are rich people and billionaires.
- The 2012 disaster is kept a secret from the world at large by the orders of Carl Anheuser in order to prevent a massive panic, knowing that a lot of people want to survive.
- June - The 2012 Olympics take place.
- December -
- Jackson Curtis takes his children, Noah and Lilly out camping in Yellowstone National Park while Kate and her current boyfriend, Dr Gordon Silberman stay in Los Angeles.
- Harry Helmsley and Tony Dalgatto board the Genesis ship in San Fransisco to travel to Tokyo, Japan for their next musical event. A small wave pushes the Genesis to the side of the dock, but no one is injured.
- Roland Picard, the director of the Louvre is killed in a car bomb accident when he tried to inform the public about the end of the world.
- Much of Yellowstone National Park's areas are made government restricted due to scientists checking the geological activities around it.
- Adrian Helmsley travels to Yellowstone to collect more data and runs into Jackson and his children, while they were exploring.
- Satnam informs Adrian that the Earth's crust is destabilizing and the apocalypse IS indeed going to happen.
- Noah and Lilly camp in their tent while Jackson goes to visit Charlie Frost, a radio host and conspiracy theorist, who tells him about the apocalypse, the arks and scientists who discovered this were killed in various accidents when they tried to warn the world.
- A small earthquake occurs at a new supermarket in Los Angeles, but no one was injured or killed. Kate and Gordon survived the earthquake and Kate calls Jackson to let him and her children come home.
- At the White House in DC, Adrian informs the world national leaders about the Earth's crust becoming unstable and the magnetic fields decreasing. With only 2-3 days till the end of the world begins, President Wilson recommends they evacuate at once.
- December 21st, 2012 - The 2012 Apocalypse occurs -
- Morning - In Los Angeles, Jackson drops his kids home and leaves for work to drop Yuri's sons, Alec and Oleg to the Santa Monica Airport. The twins tell him that he will die and they will live, due to the Arks, Jackson realizes they are right and the apocalypse is beginning. He rents a plane and races to pick his family up.
- The Los Angeles Earthquake occurs in the state of California, in the magnitude of 10.9, destroying Los Angeles. The Curtis Family and Gordon narrowly escape the city in a Cessna 460 as the state of California slides into the Pacific Ocean.
- More earthquakes of unprecedented strength wreak havoc around the globe.
- Midday - The Curtis Family and Gordon Silberman return to Yellowstone to retrieve Charlie's map that will show the Ark's location. Jackson and Lilly head to find Charlie while Kate, Noah and Gordon remain by the plane. Jackson finds Charlie on a mountain who tells him where the map is in his camper.
- The Yellowstone Caldera Eruption (2012) occurs with the park being engulfed by the eruption and Charlie is killed by falling debris. Jackson and Lilly return to the airfield with Charlie's camper. Jackson finds the map and the group escape on the plane before the ash cloud destroys the park
- Brazil is hit by a massive earthquake with hundreds of people struggling to survive and the event is recorded on Global News Brazil.
- Afternoon - London is hit by an earthquake and the 30th Olympic Games have been suspended. Around the globe, the remaining surviving humans realize that the Mayan Calendar was right about the world ending, causing cities to descend into global chaos before hundreds of people gather in public places in desperate prayer, thinking that nothing will save them.
- The White House staff members pack up for Air Force One to get to the Arks when Professor West informs them that the Yellowstone Ash Cloud will hit DC in 7 hours. President Wilson remains in DC to address the nation one last time as Air Force One leaves.
- The Engulfment of Las Vegas occurs when the Curtis Family and Gordon arrive in Las Vegas to find a larger plane to get to China. They run into the Karpov Family, Tamara Jikan and pilot Sasha and they team up to board an Antonov 500. They escape before the ash cloud engulfs the once famous city of Las Vegas.
- In Tibet, Tenzin plans to board the Arks with his family. Onboard the Genesis, Tony Delgatto calls his son Will and his family in Tokyo to warn them about the apocalypse, but an earthquake strikes Japan, killing Will's family.
- Evening - The Volcanic Eruptions of Hawaii destroy the islands of Hawaii, leaving no signs of survivors. Tony Delgatto calls his son Will and his family to warn them about the apocalypse, but an earthquake strikes Tokyo. With the Yellowstone Ash cloud raining volcanic ash all over the capitol. An earthquake, magnitude of 9.4, strikes the capital, destroying the Washington Monument and killing several hundred people. In Vatican City, the St. Peter's Basilica Collapse occurs with the Italian Prime Minister being killed along with his family and the Pope.
- The Earth's crust finally begins to shift more than a thousand miles at 1.22 degrees and once the movement of the landmasses came to a halt, gigantic tsunamis, formed by the corresponding quakes, start to form. The crust shifts by almost 23 degrees to the southwest and the Earth's poles have reversed their magnetic fields, with the South Pole in Wisconsin and the North Pole in the Indian Ocean.
- The Worldwide Flooding occurs with the Genesis being capsized by one tsunami in the Japanese seaboard. Another tsunami carrying the USS John F. Kennedy strikes what remains of Washington D.C, killing President Wilson and the rest of the remaining survivors in the city.
- The Curtis and Karpov group arrive in Cho Ming Valley, with a crash landing that kills Sasha and destroying the Antonov 500. The Chinese government arrive and pick Yuri and his sons, as they have tickets, but the Curtis Family, Gordon and Tamara are left behind due to not having any tickets. They are picked up by Nima, and his grandparents, who is on his way to the Arks.
- Air Force One lands in Cho Ming Valley and everyone boards the three remaining Arks, while the others are still under construction and Ark 3 being damaged by the facilities roof collapsing on top of the Ark due to the shifting of the Earth's crust.
- On the Nampan Plateau in India, Satnam and his family are trapped in a tsunami area, Satnam calls Adrian to inform him of the tsunami before he and his family are killed. The Arks prepare to leave for the upcoming tsunami, the passengers break out of the waiting area and head for the Arks.
- The Curtis Family, Gordon, Tamara, Tenzin and Nima's family make it to the Arks and they stow away on Ark 4, where the American people are on board. Adrian gives a speech to convince the other Arks to let the surviving people on. During the opening of the gates, Tenzin is injured by the gate gears and Gordon is crushed after he fell into the gears. The passengers aboard the Arks and the gates begin closing, Yuri is killed when he falls to his death after getting Alec and Oleg on board. An impact driver gets lodged into the gears of Ark 4, leaving it slightly open.
- Adrian and Laura learn of the Curtis' stowaway and leave to inform them about the jamming of the Ark's gate gears, just as a tsunami strikes the Cho Ming area. The Ark is flooded due to the gate being left open. The wave sends Air Force One striking at the Midship anchor of Ark 4, sending it adrift. Tamara drowns in the flooded area of the Zoological Bay. Jackson and Noah manage to get the drill out of the gears before the Ark could impact Mount Everest.
- December 22nd, 2012 - The 2012 Apocalypse ends -
- Morning - The Arks set sail for land. The Curtis Family and Nima's family are rescued and given their own rooms onboard the Arks.
- January -
- Time starts over and the Earth's continents (except Africa) have become uninhabitable due to the tsunamis.
- Humanity becomes critically endangered, due to only more than 400,000 people on board the Arks and 6 billion humans have died during the apocalypse.
- The Drakensburg Mountains have become the tallest mountains in the world, while the Himalayas are half-flooded.
- The global floodwaters start to recede with most of the continents have been risen and the entire African continent (which did not suffer extreme damage), had risen up. The Arks set sail for the Cape of Good Hope.
- Alternative Ending -
- Adrian gets a call from his father, Harry Helmsley who survived the mega-tsunami that struck the Genesis along with Tony Dalgatto and some survivors. Anheuser apologizes to Adrian for his actions. Jackson and his family go onto the balcony of the ship, joined by Adrian and Laura as they watch the horizon.