During the 2012 apocalypse, Italy was hit by massive earthquakes, destroying various of its cities and its volcanoes engulfed several areas around the country, which were presumably Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius and Mount Stromboli.
During a mass prayer, where the Italian Prime Minister and his family were taking place, a large earthquake, in a magnitude of 9.0, struck Rome. The earthquake caused the St Peter's Basilica to collapse, killing the Italian Prime Minister and his family, as well as various people and the Pope. The remains of the ruined Italy were swept by a megatsunami at the height of 1500 meters in the Worldwide Flooding.
After the apocalypse ended, the entire state of Italy is submerged underwater but is later risen with other continents and is rendered habitable.
- Rome (destroyed by an earthquake)
- Milan (destroyed by an earthquake)
- Venice (flooded by an mega-tsunami)
- Pisa (destroyed by an earthquake)
- Naples (presumably destroyed by volcanic ash from Mount Vesuvius)
- Florence (destroyed by earthquake)
- Catania (presumably destroyed by volcanic ash from Mount Etna)